Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Read, right?

I've always read more than one book at a time. Right now is no different. I have 4 books in the roster. Interestingly enough reading these books over and over again ingrained some of these stories characters, some real, some fiction, in my mind as my muse. As I begin my new series of paintings I've decided to take a moment to list a few these books that I'm currently reading, or have recently finished. All of these stories are floating around my mind and many of their characters are now finding a home in the many pages of some of my sketchbooks.

A Gentleman of Leisure; by P.H. Wodehouse

The Informers; by Bret Easton Ellis

The Bolter; by Frances Osborne

Bright Young People; by D.J. Taylor

Flappers and Philsophers; by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bright Lights, Big City; by Jay McInerney

Hotel Honolulu; by Paul Theroux

Shopgirl; by Steve Martin



No comments:

Post a Comment